Saturday, November 9, 2013

2nd grade update

Hi Friends,


       Good news!  About 80% of the 2nd graders scored PROFICIENT on our "Adding WITH regrouping" chapter test!  I was so incredibly proud.  We have moved onto "Subtracting WITH regrouping."  This was a huge struggle for many of our students at first; however, I really think that our students are beginning to have a solid understanding of this concept.

We FINALLY finished our "Classifying Animals" book, also!  I am so proud of the incredibly smart 2nd graders I have in my class! :)  This week, we will be starting our 1st Engineering by Design unit on constructing a wall.  We will be learning about rocks, minerals, and creating an effective mortar to build a small wall with.  Very excited for the start of this unit!  Stay posted for an upcoming field trip that I am in the process of planning that correlates with the this unit.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend with family and friends,

Miss Shannon Straka




No comments:

Post a Comment