Tuesday, November 27, 2012

CHRYSANTHEMUM :)

Letter Person, "Mr. N" loves NAMES:  


"Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes"


-An absolute favorite book of mine! Kevin Henkes is an amazing author! His books are among some of my most treasured possessions. :)


Tomorrow we will be reading the book "Chrysanthemum" as our "read-aloud" for the day... VERY EXCITING DAY FOR ME!






'"Chrysanthemum" Back to School Activities' on #TeachersPayTeachers: 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Chrysanthemum-Back-to-School-Activities

We will be using a variety of this Activities pack to coincide with the book in class.  One of the activities that we are doing tomorrow (which is also my personal favorite) is from the packet below.  (Buy this packet on Teacherspayteachers.com for $2.84! It's well worth it!)  The activity reads as follows:
I love the way my name looks in crayon _________

I love the way my name looks like ink __________
I love the way my name looks in pencil _________
I love the way my name looks in glitter _________

*Works best if printed out on durable card stock!





No comments:

Post a Comment