Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Learning to Teach :)

I recently completed my first student teaching placement at Walt Whitman Elementary School in a 1st grade classroom.  I had absolutely the most amazing 2 1/2 months there.  I not only grew as a teacher, but also as a person.  My first graders and cooperating teacher opened their arms to me and gave me a live changing experience that I will never forget.  I am now in a K-4 classroom at General Mitchell Elementary School.  It is only my second week, and I am already loving every aspect of the K-4 curriculum.  Throughout the next few weeks, it is my hope to create meaningful, developmentally appropriate, and engaging experiences for my K-4 students.  I will document my ideas and experiences and hope to hear professional feedback as well as other thoughts and opinions! Please help guide me along on this wonderful journey of becoming and Early Childhood Educator! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment