Tuesday, April 16, 2013

MAJOR FAIL...


      Because of the beautiful day that it was outside, I decided to try and teach math outside.  Everything seemed perfectly organized... each student had their own "spot" on the playground, and each student had a piece of chalk.  Then the complaining about the sun in their eyes started, and all of the students wanted to work in the shade...  Some of the students started complaining about their peers writing in THEIR "SPOT"....  It was one, BIG disaster.  I think I'll stick to dry erase boards from now on!  My good intentions did not pull through for me today.  :( Just another one of the many learning experiences.    At least we were able to get out and enjoy the weather and practice a FEW of our subtraction problems involving "regrouping."  WHAT A DAY! :)

P.S.  Don't let this be discouraging... this would be a wonderful activity for a classroom of 15 students.... Just didn't work out so well for a classroom of 35!  Glad I will be able to iron out this kink before Earth Day on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment