Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Heart is Burning....


Today, I was having lunch with three wonderful little second grade boys in my class.  One of them told me that I was an awesome teacher.... The other two agreed.  I told them I didn't always feel like a great teacher, especially when I had to discipline the class.  They said that none of that even mattered, and  then proceeded to point out all of the things that they loved about second grade.  I almost started to cry....  As they looked at me, they all laughed and said, "Miss Straka is going to cry now...."  I told them that I would try not to, but that they had just melted my heart by all of the sweet things they had said (I'm needy... I need compliments)  I left the room for hallway duty and returned to the room with this written on the board by one of the students that I had been eating lunch with.  Apparently, he interpreted "melted my heart" as that my heart felt like it was on fire, and was therefore melting!  I clearly need to re-visit idioms (I must have not done the best job at teaching those last week!).  Cuties made my day! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment